This recipe was originally from VegWeb but after some drama it was taken down. I have modified this version with the help of my friend Nancy (she made the cookie dough recipe) but in the end this is basically just a baked brownie with cookie dough and chocolate on top enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
2 1/2 cups unbleached flour, divided
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups brown sugar, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups brewed coffee
3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons soy milk, divided
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup vegan white sugar
1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
2 cups vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 tablespoons oil, shortening, or vegan margarine
To Make the Brownies:
1. Pre-heat oven to 325F. Prepare a 9×9 pan by greasing it and then lining it with parchment paper.
2. Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, cocoa, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the coffee, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3/4 cup soy milk, and vegetable oil.
4. Combine the wet and dry mixes and stir well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack completely.
To Make the Cookie Dough:
In a large bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, white sugar, and 1/2 cup margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add remaining 2 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla; blend well. Lightly spoon remaining 1 cup flour into measuring cup. Add flour; mix well. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate while preparing glaze.
To Make Glaze:
In the top of a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tablespoons of oil, shortening, or margarine. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Carefully spoon over the cookie dough layer; spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving.