Monday

Forking Good French Toast





Ok so I made this recipe up beacuse well all the other vegan french toasts tasted like cardboard crap on a stick or like someone threw nutritional yeast in my mouth uck! So here is my version of what I consider a preety darn good french toast. Make it, Eat it, Love it... you can thank me later.


French Toast


Ingredients

1 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla)
1 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
2 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract (you can add more if you want)
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Apple Pie Spice or Nutmeg

Bread


Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with a wisk.
Heat up skillet.
Soak bread in mixture but be carefull not to oversoak or else its going to fall apart.
Put on skillet untill brown flipping as needed.

Top off with fresh fruit, syrup, and powdered sugar.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I am making this soon, tomorrow perhaps.

Anonymous said...

i have been meaning to make french toast, but i never have chickpea flour (or dry chickpeas) to make the VWAV recipe. anyway, thanks for the recipe. it looks yummy =)

Briggitte said...

Thats the reason why I dont buy cookbooks if I buy the cookbook im going to want to try all the recipies which I know im going to have none of the ingredients for.

Tamara said...

ooh, this looks good. I've always been afraid to try to make vegan french toast because the recipes usually look scary, but yours looks good. I'll give it a try!

Douglas said...

ive been vegan for a while now and ive never had Vegan french toast!

thankyou for your recipe~~

looks damn tasty